Friday, October 12, 2012

Prayers are needed & a favor!


 This is "our" sweet Lanie who has worked for us the last 3 1/2 years. Lanie recently moved to Chicago (in March) to be closer to her boyfriend. Of which we kind of sported her on but didn't want to loose her... but knew her heart was already in Chicago so off she went. She found a job working for another husband wife team that have a small business and she of course was a perfect fit for them. Scott (the boyfriend) and Lanie's relationship only strengthen   and they grew closer and decided to move in together. They aren't kids anymore, they are in their early 30's and know what they want.  So we were happy for her and looking forward to meeting Scott soon.

Lanie started having some back issue and started seeing a doctor. Then many other different symptoms started popping up. One of which were some some lumps and strange unexplained bruises. So to make a long story short she went and got an MRI, ultrasound and mammogram all in one day only to find out later in the day she had 20  tumors throughout her body. Lanie then went in for biopsies soon after finding this out.  She found out Wednesday they are malignant melanoma. She has cancer. Lanie is looking into some clinical trials for treatment. We, Dan and I, are broken hearted. We wish we could take this away but we can't. All we can do is just be here for her. We are planning a trip to visit her in Chicago very soon. I'm ready to wrap my arms around her!

If you'd like to follow her journey she has a website that she has already started telling her story and by the way she is a great writer. This is her website: http://blondsinboots.com. If you decide to read her story be sure and start with "And I thought the move to Chicago was big milestone (Part 1)" (you will have to scroll down) then "part ll" and she should be updating her latest entry today, about her visit to the doctor.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, she will need them. 
Below are a few pictures of our last 3 years together at work and play. 

Working at Winter CHA 2010....







I love these pics of Lanie at work taking a coffee break with the pups! Of course my dogs are on Lanie and poor Lola, Lanie's pup, can't even get a spot on her momma!
Here is her sweet Lola asleep on our couch with her pretty pink jacket on! 
Being silly and getting ready for another CHA....

                         Lanie's Birthday... 
Having a little b-day cake in the "break room" (aka the kitchen) at work!
 Lanie all dressed up for Dan's Birthday party at work!
At CHA with Susan Dupre and Dan, visiting in our hotel lobby.

 Visiting with Julie Tucker-Wolek after a long day at CHA!
                                   Then flying home.
  



Sweet Lola! Being all silly at work!
(In the backyard.)



CHA with Lanie, Heather and I! 

 Lanie and Nico hard at work...

Lanie very proud of her "make-n-take" at CHA! (Lanie's not a scrapbooker but  she is crafty!)  The opposite picture is of her and Alfred at a work meeting in the backyard! (We actually did do a lot of work outside in the backyard, brainstorming, conspiring and talking out the day's events.) 

Working hard at yet another CHA, Summer 2010, I think. 
This picture pretty much sums up Lanie and Dan's relationship!

These pictures were for a photo shot for a magazine cover and feature story about the company. 
 We had so much fun! 
(We may have laughed more than the photographer would've liked!!)

Getting ready for Day 2 at Summer CHA 2011!


Oops... we got caught in the booth next to us (North Ridge Media)!
(Hey we needed some comfy chairs from standing days on end! We couldn't keep our eyes off these chairs all week!)

 I couldn't have made it these past few years without Lanie, seriously she learned how to "handle" me like a pro! Thank you Lanie for everything! 

We love you and support you and are here for you! Sniff Sniff...
-Nikki and Dan

Now for the "Favor" part:
I actually want to do 2 things (you can choose from one or do both)...
1. Make a few "thank you" cards (with coordinating envelopes) for her and her family to have on hand to send out as she will be getting, and is getting a lot flowers, food etc.. I'd like her to not have to buy a single card for anything. (I'm going to buy her a roll of stamps so she doesn't have to do anything but put them in the mail box!)
2. I want to send her a card every single day to let her know how much she is loved and thought of daily! 

So... if you wouldn't mind creating a few thank you cards and or a few cards to send to her personally then mail me all of them and I'll get them to her. 
I'll mail the thank you cards in batches and then save the daily cards for well everyday. The "everyday" cards can be from you personally or if you aren't comfortable with that then blank is fine (although I know she'd like to hear from you even if you didn't know her personally) but I will write in it where it came from an a little note if you'd rather leave it blank!  I'll shuffle them up and send them out one by one. 

She needs this. We have to keep her spirits up!!! I want to bombard her with love!! 
Thanks so much and please keep her in your prayers, she will need it. 
Please send cards to..
Nikki Sivils
c/o Lanie
2263 S Oakbrook Ave
Springfield, Mo 65809



12 comments:

Joan V said...

Nikki, I am so sorry this is all happening to Lanie. I will keep her in my prayers. I am not at home, at the moment, but I will try to get some cards together for you. I believe in the power of prayer, so I will put her on the top of my morning prayer list. Thanks for sharing and spreading love to Lanie.

Jinny Newlin said...

Thanks so much for sharing this with us, Nikki! I'll package up some cards right away! And since we're neighbors, I'm sure you'll have them early next week ;).

Michelle H. said...

WOW! Very sorry that Lanie, you & Dan are having to go through this! I will add her name to my prayer list!
I will also create some cards and have our 7 year old help too!
She loves to make cards!
Thank you for sharing this with all of us.
Lots of Prayers & hugs!!

Nikki said...

Thank you so much, it will mean so much to Lanie! Scrapbookers are the best!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am crying...not kidding... they are pouring down my face... you know how much I love Lanie... she is amazing and I love love love love love her..... you know I will be sending you some cards for her.... {{{hugs and kisses}}} Lanie... I love you!!!!!!!!!!

Leah's Crafty Life said...

You are so sweet Nikki. I am on the verge of tears here and I don't know Lanie. You speak of her like she's your little sister or BFF, and it saddens me to hear of her going through this. I will make up some cards soon for her and ship them to you. Big hugs.

Liz said...

Prayers and thoughts...
This is so so sad....

kitsNbits said...

Nikki, so sorry to hear about Lanie. Ive spoken with her several times on the phone and she is always so helpful and sweet. Sending you big hugs and some cards :) veronia

Mieke said...

My thoughts are with Lanie and her family. Also with you, Dan and the DT. What a wonderful thing to do, sending her all these cards... you might find one from Holland in your mailbox soon.
Hugs,
Mieke

Jodi said...

My thoughts are with you and your friend... I will be sending some cards :)

Kelly said...

Saw this on another blog. My friend's daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia and I KNOW how much the cards mean to these people. I am IN and will make some things next week to send! Such a sweet gesture for you guys to do this!

Connie Nichol said...

Nikki - I've made some cards, and since I'm heading to Cincinnati on Sunday, I'll just mail them from there. Probably a lot more efficient than the polar bear express from Canada. ;-)

01 09 10