Friday, February 5, 2010

Family, Friends, and Teachers, Oh My!

A big hello everyone, I'm glad to be back blogging for Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker! Have you seen the announcement of our new Doghouse Divas? They are all an awesome addition to the team, we are thrilled to have them here with us!

My first project this month is a layout of my son Sean and my dear husband, Keith. If you know me, you know that I love to scrapbook the little things in our day-to-day life. I always have a pen handy to write down random things that happen to us. The quote on the following layout is an exact quote from Sean this past summer. The best part? My husband wasn't there the day Sean said that, which means he had no idea he said it. When I made the layout, he was definitely happy to see what Sean thinks of him! I'm glad I didn't let this be forgotten!

I used U R My Favorite for this layout. I love the colors, and those frogs on my background paper are adorable!


It was really fun creating these pinwheel flowers. Who says pink and flowers are not for guys?!


My next project uses Nikki's House chipboard album. I also used the Mini-Paddies paper from the first six collection. This is a shelf decoration for my scrap corner. Each house represents a dear friend of mine. There is always something to remind me of them. For example, "5 Cats Café" represents a friend who is a coffee enthusiast and the owner of, you guessed it, five cats! I love the little couch on the outside, begging for good coffee and conversation!


Finally, we are one week away from Valentine's Day and I decided I wouldn't leave gifts for the last minute like I always do! I found a mini milk carton template online from Mirkwood Designs. I took out my U R My Favorite papers, a cord brad and a pop-dot (for the heart) and fifteen minutes later, I had this adorable candy holder for Sean's teacher. Full of candy hearts, it will make a perfect gift!

Until next time, have fun creating!

Claude

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Claude!!! These are all gorgeous!!! loveeeeeeeeeeee the flowers and how u used the chipboard houses! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Nikki said...

I love EVERYTHING, but that little treat box if my FAV!! You rocked it again! Thanks, Nikki

Deana said...

Cute projects, Claude! :-)

Lydia Siegel said...

Im loving the milk jug! Do you have a template to share on it? I would love to try it out! Fabulous layouts too. TFS

janis said...

great work claude!!!! i love all of them!!!

Nathalie said...

Great projects Claude! I love the page with the quote and I absolutely have to make some of those mini milk cartons!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

scrappermimi said...

Fab projects...that candy holder is just the cutest!

01 09 10