Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Saying goodbye to one chapter & HELLO to a new chapter…

The time has come for me to write a blog post about letting go of and closing Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker LLC down permanently.  This has been an extremely difficult and heart wrenching step for me but I also know that this needs to happen, it’s just hard to say or type the words.  I’ve done everything to close the company down except make the formal announcement.  I was waiting for the right time and that’s today, the last day of 2013.  I want to go into 2014 fresh, with no baggage holding me back from starting a new chapter and new career.  (Which, by the way, I don’t know what that will be just yet, but I’m working on it.)

I want to thank all the wonderful “fans” and supporters of my company.  You all have been so inspiring, supportive and wonderful!! I can never thank you enough and yet “thank you” doesn’t seem to be enough.  I want to thank everyone that worked with me, my husband, Dan, my leading lady, Lanie, my graphic bee, Heather, my everyday helpers and extra pair of hands, Catlin, Nick and Marla, my online social and constant contact gal, Mollie, Andrew who taught me the value of good selling and managed my sales reps, all my sales reps across the country (especially Pat my awesome FL rep) and last but certainly not least all my design team girls! You all helped grow the business beyond my greatest expectations. Thank you!

Please know that, yes, I’ve been sad and torn up about this decision for some time now but I’ve worked hard to get to this moment of excitement about my new future.  Stay tuned for more blog posts about my “doghouse” adventures, all that is going on in my life and what the future has in store for me.  

I can’t wait to see what this New Year, 2014, will bring!!!

Happy New Year and I wish the very best for all of you and hope the New Year will bring you much happiness!!

19 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Best wishes for whatever you do!!!

Delene said...

I am so sorry to read this but knew it was coming. Sometimes we have to allow changw to move on and learn what God has in store for us next. It was wonderful meeting you at CK and getting your products out in town here. Ill treasure that always too. I wish you much happiness and keep us posted cause we all will be thinking of you! bee Hugs to you!

Jodi said...

Ahh... Nikki you made me cry :) I keeping my fingers crossed for a return, but I completely understand! Can't wait to see what wonderful adventure you will tackle next. You were the first manufacturer to take a chance on me, and I will never forget it! I will never forget that first phone call (and the second! hehehe!).... I wish you and Dan and your furry friends all the best for 2014... :) :) :)

Lori Robinett said...

I'm so sorry to hear this . . . but excited for you to start a new chapter. There's something so fresh and clean about a new year - may it bring you happiness!

Jessica said...

Sorry to see you go. Best wishes for you in the future.

LAuclair said...

So sorry to read your formal announcement - but wishing you a clean slate and a fresh start in 2014. Believe it to BE it! I know you will shine in whatever you choose for your new goal!

Jennifer Matott (Sigmagirl) said...

It was a pleasure working for you sweet lady! I miss you and your adorable products but life has a way of working out and you have to close some doors in order for new ones to open! Hugs to you and your family!

Unknown said...

I have so enjoyed you and your products. I always tell everyone here how u r from my hometown and that I'm your #1 fan here in Tucson, AZ. I hope maybe I can get some products of yours somewhere before it's completely gone. Have a Blessed 2014 and enjoy your new path!

Shemaine Smith said...

I loved creating with your cute papers and am so glad I had the pleasure of meeting you at the trade shows. Change is good and I am sure you'll be right where you should be where ever you decided to land. You and your hubby are the sweetest people chock full of good stuff. All the best to you!

Stephanie Hackney said...

So very sorry to hear this (from a purely selfish point of view!), and also so very happy for you and whatever comes next.

I wish you nothing but happiness and success in whatever the new chapter brings you.

Please stay in touch and let us all know what you end up doing.

Steph

sssalad said...

Nikki, while I'm sorry to hear this news, I had a feeling it was coming. You are a sweet dear friend, with so much talent and energy, I am sure you will succeed in anything you set out to accomplish! May 2014 be a wonderful year for you and your family!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You know you will forever hold a special place in my heart! You will always be my BOSS LADY! I love you!!! Happy New Year!!

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Wishing the best of luck in your exciting future. May 2014 hold good things for you.

Nikki said...

Thank you for the kind comments and thoughts! So nice of all of you!!

Erin Yamabe said...

Thank you for sharing Nikki, as you always do with such a beautiful heart! Wishing you all the best in your next adventure and the journey getting there! Loved creating with your products, sending you big big hugs!

Melanie said...

Nikki, wishing you all the best in your new endeavors. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with you and your wonderful products. You are so generous, kind, and talented. Looking forward to seeing what you do next! :) xo

Unknown said...

Nikki, sorry to hear this, wish you all the best in 2014 and the upcoming years! You are so talented and look forward to hearing all about your accomplishments!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

All the best for the future! :)

Mieke said...

I'm proud to have been a part of this wonderful team, it's been great. Wishing you a succesful new carreer! *hugs* Mieke

01 09 10