Thursday, August 23, 2012

School is Cool with Laurel!

Hi everyone!! Laurel has some AWESOME projects to share today using Nikki's School is Cool collection!

"Hi everyone, Laurel here.  I love the School is Cool collection and had a lot of fun creating these projects for you today as well as a couple others that I will be sharing on my blog next week.  I love the bright happy colors and patterns.
For my first project I have upcycled a dishwasher soap container.  I liked the flip lid it had and new that I would be able to use it in my classroom.  I decided it would hold my alphabet letters so I decorated the outside to go with the this.  I love being able to repurpose items that would otherwise be thrown out or recycyled.
For my second project, I did some more repurposing.  I picked up this small wooden box at a garage sale for 25 cents!  I base coated it with paint and then just covered it with some of the School is Cool collection and then wrapped it with some Twinery Twine.  This will be a good place to keep my dry erase markers don't you think?  For this project and the one above I have used my Beacon Adhesive, I love how quickly the Beacon adhesives dry and how well they adhere the items.
Finally, I always make my girls a little back to school gift and of course a card to go with it.  Here is a card I have made for one of my girls.  Just some simple layering and it is done.  The stamp is from There She Goes and the twine is from The Twinery." ~~Laurel 

Isn't Laurel just amazing!! I always love what she creates!!

Thanks for stopping by ...And don't forget Nikki's card kit available for purchase this month!! It is AWESOME!



Kathy Martin said...

Awesome school projects! Love the cards! :)

Brenda said...

Great projects, Laurel! I love the container!!

Stacy said...

Laurel your school projects are totally fabulous!

1CardCreator said...

Awesome school projects! I save the dish soap containers for my daughter (a school teacher) but I was not clever enough to decorate it for her! I will be next time!

bonnie said...

So much cuteness Laurel..adorable! ;) Hugs x

Audrey Pettit said...

Such adorable back to school projects! Love all the re-purposing of old recyclables! Great job, Laurel!

Deana said...

Adorable projects, Laurel!

01 09 10