Tuesday, March 6, 2012

First Tuesday's with Deana Boston!

Hi everyone!

Today is Deana's day on Nikki's blog and she has three amazing cards and a layout with a tutorial to share with us today! I just love Deana's work! She always amazes me!

For Deana's cards she used the Messages and Exit Here collections!

"I love how fast & easy it is to use the cut-outs & punch-outs to make cards!  I can simply add some ribbon or twine along with them... or even make my own embellishments using some of Nikki's paper, like I did on my Thank You So Much card.  And the brown Burlap Button was the perfect finishing touch!  I LOVE the new collections!" ~~Deana

And here is Deana's layout and her tutorial on how she makes her flag banners!! Deana used the Messages collection on her beautiful layout!

I decided to use the Messages collection to preserve a “love note” email from my husband.  In order to make my flag banner, I used the cover sheet to the collection and cut out each strip individually. 

I gave my strips the look of a ribbon, by gently folding each piece in half (without totally creasing it) and then snipping the end diagonally.  I drew a line with a pen for illustrative purposes only…

Then I just slightly overlapped all my strips and added a photo to my banner.  I included my email print-out on top and further embellished my page with border strips and cut-outs.

I’ve been making so many flag banners on my pages lately, that my 10-year old daughter recently asked me how many times I was going to put them on my pages.  I said, “Well, I don’t know.  Clearly I must like making them!”  
Hope this little tutorial helps you make  them , too!  

Thanks for stopping by, and thanks to Deana for sharing your creations with us today!


Laurel said...

What fabulous projects!

Katrina said...

Super cute Deana!!!!

Jodi said...

AWESOME projects!!! Always love your work!

Jennie M said...


isay said...

these are all beautiful!!! love love the cards! and i love banners too. thanks for the inspiration :D

Melanie said...

Deana is amazing. I love her style. Simple, clean, and FUN!! :)

01 09 10