Friday, November 19, 2010

Give a big welcome to our November Guest Designer Liz Chidester!


A quick apology to Liz by me is due.  I should have posted her beautiful work on the 15th, but as you can see, that date has come and gone!  Sorry Liz!  Saying that, I can't begin to tell you how honored we are to have Liz as our guest designer this month!  There are so many times I have admired her work in other galleries, and now we get to share it here on ours.  Before we show off her amazing layouts, Liz wanted to share a little about herself.  Here is what she has to say:

Hello, my name is Liz Chidester. I am 32 yrs old, married to my best friend and a mother of 4 adorable children (2 boys and 2 girls). I started scrapbooking when my oldest was born about 11 years ago and I haven't stopped since. I love the creative outlet that scrapbooking brings to me and I love the opportunity to document our family's lives. I am a cake decorator by profession but I love all things crafty: painting, toll painting, home decor, and writing. I am super excited to be designing for Nikki Sivils this month, I adore all of her collections and products here.
I have a sketch challenge blog which I also use as my scrapping blog...check it out!  www.thescrappiest.blogspot.com
 

 Now for those amazing layouts by Liz:
Liz did such a wonderful job on her layout titled 'Bee'autiful using Nikki's Willow Bee line.  Can you see she also threw in some of Nikki's cute brads and buttons?  


On the layout above Liz used one of my favorite lines of Nikki's - My Friend Birdie.  Liz did a great job of incorporating one of Nikki's cut outs for her title "Best Buds".  What a cute picture that is as well.


Ok, how cute is this?  What a clever idea Liz had to use blocks of paper to mimic building blocks like those in the photo?  Again, Liz is using My Friend Birdie in this adorable layout.

Wow, what amazing layouts from Liz!  Liz, you rocked it girl.  Thank you so much for being our guest designer this month.  We are so excited to have you.  You did a fabulous job with Nikki's products.  Thank you for the wonderful inspiration.


Also, don't forget today is day 2 of the fun Holiday Hoppin' blog hop with Spellbinders! 
See this post for more details and all the links!  You won't want to miss all the
fun and prizes! 

Until then, happy crafting!
Susan Dupre


9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Welcome Liz!! I am a HUGE FAN of your work!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE what you have created with Nikki's products!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Nikki said...

Yes, welcome Liz!! Love your work, so sweet! Love that Willow-Bee layout... those girls are cute! Thanks for spending November with us, and hope to see more of your work soon!
Thanks, Nikki

Linda Beeson said...

Wonderful, love to see how she used the papers!

jill said...

Welcome, Liz!!! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration today.....always love seeing how someone else creates with Nikki's product.......yeah!!!!

Liz said...

How fun beautiful work....
Love what she did with willowbee
Lvoing it all.. Very cool

--- said...

I love your work!!!

Manders said...

Nice projects now these are fun lines that I could work with

Liz Chidester said...

Thank you so much to Nikki and Susan for having me on this month!! I am overly thrilled and I ADORE Nikki Sivils products!!

Jennifer Yates said...

Gorgeous work Liz! Love them all!

01 09 10